Argentine FIFA 2022 World Cup winner Lionel Messi currently plays for French Ligue 1 side Paris Saint-Germain (commonly referred to as PSG). He is now in his second season at PSG, but there’s already lots of speculation and rumours swirling about whether he will stay at the French club for a third season. Find out more right here.
To find out just how likely it is that Lionel Messi will stay at PSG next season, you can turn to some of today’s best sports betting sites and check out the odds that are currently being offered for him to leave, and then compare those odds.
One of the best sports betting sites in Africa, where you can play bets on football and more than 60 other major global sports, is 10bet (aka 10bet Africa). It’s free to sign up to, and it accepts real cash wagers from people living in Tanzania, Zambia, South Africa, and Kenya. It accepts a wide range of popular African online payment options, and it welcomes most multiple African currencies.
Depending on which country you sign up from will determine exactly which trusted online payment solutions (deposit and withdrawal methods) you will have access to. For example, 10bet accepts the following tried and tested online payment methods:
● 1 Voucher (a prepaid voucher that’s great for Africans)
● OTT Voucher (also a prepaid voucher that’s favoured by Africans)
● Blue Voucher (the same as above)
● EasyPay Voucher (the same as above)
● Visa (credit/debit card)
● OZOW (EFT, which means Electronic Fund Transfer that enables players to deposit directly from their bank account to 10bet)
● MasterPass (a Scan to Pay payment option that works great on mobile devices)
● Zapper (same as above)
Other honourable mentions
10bet is also known for accepting several other secure, convenient, and reliable online payment methods, such as MasterCard, PayPal, Apple Pay, NETELLER, Skrill, Skrill, Trustly, and Paysafecard, to name just a few.
Here are some of the latest odds currently being offered for Messi to leave PSG and play for another club next season (2023/24). The current odds at most sites currently have him favoured to stay at PSG for a third season.
In American/moneyline odds, he’s priced at -110 to stay at PSG. When these odds are converted to the fractional odds system used in the UK , it equates to 0.91/1. When converted into decimal odds, it equates to 1.91. It also means that there’s a whopping 52.40% implied probability rate of him staying at his current club.
Some online sports betting sites have also released odds of him potentially joining another club. They include the following:
● Inter Miami – currently priced at +185 in American/moneyline odds (which is 1.85/1, or 2.85) with a 35.10% implied probability rate of joining the MLS side
● Any other MLS side – currently priced at +800 (8/1, or 9.00) with an 11.10% chance of joining
● Barcelona – currently priced at +800 (8/1, or 9.00) with an 11.10% chance of joining
● Manchester City – currently priced at +1,800 (18/1, or 19.00) with a 5.30% chance of joining
● Newell’s Old Boys – currently priced at +2,500 (25/1, or 26.00) with only a 3.80% chance of winning
● Manchester United – currently priced at a whopping +4,000 (40/1, or 41.00) with only a 2.40% chance of joining
In other words, a safe bet would be to place your money on Messi staying at PSG next season, or if you’re feeling adventurous, maybe place a small wager on him joining Inter Miami.
However, stranger things have happened in football. Nothing is set in stone, and don’t forget that no bet is guaranteed, no matter how sure the odds may first appear. Also, these odds are only accurate at the time of writing. They are likely to change a great deal over the coming weeks and months.
You never know; a Saudi Pro League side could offer him a multi-million dollar contract that no other team could afford to match, just like Ronaldo’s new contract at Al-Nassr.
What to remember when placing a real money wager online at 10bet
You must be at least 18 years of age to place a real money wager at 10bet, and before you can start placing bets, you first need to register your free account. Never gamble out of sheer necessity, and never chase your losses. In other words, try and gamble responsibly, and don’t place too many silly outside bets with long odds that are not likely to return you a profit.