100% of the people we’ve caught are Igbos -Soludo says on gunmen troubling Anambra

Governor of Anambra State, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, has said that all criminal gunmen terrorizing the state that have been caught so far are all native Igbos. Soludo revealed this while talking on Channels TV on Sunday, September 18.

The governor speaking to an interviewer also established that insecurity in his state has dropped to drastically since his resumption of office earlier this year.

Soludo said; 

“Giving where things were when we came, we are not saying that Anambra is 100% secured… but everybody in Anambra – the 8.5 million residents of Anambra can testify to you that insecurity in Anambra has come down to the barest minimum.

“Fifteen camps (run by gunmen) here (have been) decimated. Even yesterday (Saturday), some other places (where) they were gathering were decimated; we have degraded their infrastructure and I don’t think they have the capacity again to come with the kind of ferocity they had in the past.

“Anambra has been relatively quiet and peaceful, and we are pursuing this agenda.

“I would dare to say that if we were to have the statistics over the last three months, I think Anambra will compare favourably as one of the safest comparatively.”

Read also: Breaking: private security outfit, Ebubeagu and soldier attack Imo community

On the identities of those arrested in connection with some of the attacks in the state, Soludo said; 

“Let me be clear about it; 100% of the people we have caught are Igbos. It is not about some people invading from somewhere; it is 100% Igbos on Igbos, that is the fact.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.